Saturday, March 26, 2016

my 2-book deal has been announced!

I will be writing (or more like screaming from the rooftops, though politely - not to disturb the neighbors) more about this - A LOT - but for now I'm still floating too high on happiness to think clearly enough for a coherent blog post.

But the gist of it as that after being on submission for what was beginning to feel like a never-ending Kafkaesque existential trial-like experience (which in reality did not really last that long but sure felt long), my literary agent extraordinaire's hard work (and my patience and thick-skin-ness) paid off at last).

The deal has been announced on Publisher Monthly on March 23, 2016. Two Young Adult books of mine were sold by Amy Tipton (of Signature Literary Agency) to Erin Stein of Imprint (Macmillan)

and I

Couldn't.

Possibly.

Be.

Happier!!!


Here's the announcement:

March 23, 2016 - WHAT THE WOODS KEEP and OASIS by Katya de Becerra

Children's: Young Adult

Katya de Becerra's WHAT THE WOODS KEEP, in which a girl inherits a riddle from her mother's estate that leads her to a strange Colorado town where her physicist father has been studying strange phenomena, and OASIS, a YA horror-adventure with a diverse cast set in Dubai, to Erin Stein at Imprint, by Amy Tipton at Signature Literary Agency (world).

If you've been following this blog or had a questionable pleasure of listening to my book-rants in person, you might remember some mentions to The Hayden Project. The earliest of those on this blog is dating back to sometime in mid 2013: I have written about my rewarding experience working with test-readers; the pitfalls and happy moments of the editorial process; and how secretive I normally am when it comes to talking about my writing... So you can imagine the magnitude of my happiness when I say that WHAT THE WOODS KEEP is indeed The Hayden Project and it will be published!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment