OASIS pre-order campaign announced
Hello, hello, hello!!! I'll get straight to the point 😎
Oasis pre-order campaign is now LIVE.
I repeat, this is not a drill.
Oasis pre-order campaign is HERE!
To say a BIG THANK-YOU to my wonderful readers for pre-ordering Oasis, I would like to give you the following goodies as a gift.
EVERY pre-order of Oasis will receive the following:
1. Oasis themed art print (front design by Irina Ivanova)
2. Query critique by me!
This has proven very popular in my previous pre-order experience, so I'd like to offer this again! This is completely optional, of course. If you'd like me to give you free critique of your query (up to 500 words), please send the query my way when you enter this campaign (scroll down for details on How to Enter).
Top Prize
ONE randomly chosen person who enters this pre-order campaign will ALSO receive:
1. Signed and personalized US hardcover edition of my debut, What The Woods Keep
2. Illusion-making crystal prism necklace
3. A 15 minute Skype call with me (we can even do it in person, if you’re based in Melbourne! Coffee’s on me!)
How to claim your gifts:
Please email to preorderoasis@gmail.com your Proof of Purchase* AND your mailing address (so that I can mail you your art print, as well as top prize - in case you're the lucky winner). If you wish me to critique your query, please include the query in the text of your email message.*Screenshot, PDF or any common image file documenting your purchase receipt from ANY book retailer OR a library request form are acceptable as Proof of Purchase.
Important info:
This campaign is INTERNATIONAL; it is open now and will close 6 January 2020 [11:59PM, EST].Art prints will be mailed throughout the period of December 2019 - February 2020.
If you’ve ordered a signed/personalized copy of Oasis via Good Choice Reading, your print will be delivered alongside your book order**.
**To pre-order via Good Choice Reading click here (please read Terms & Conditions and check rates for delivery which will be determined by your location).
Why preorder?
Pre-orders are VERY important, and can make or break an author's career, if I'm being honest. For books with less marketing push behind them, it's more of challenge for them to find their way into the readers' shelves. Pre-orders raise awareness around the book and show the publisher and book retailers, there's interest in this particular book which can sway a bookseller to stock this book, give it dedicated shelf space (which will attract more readers!) and support the author in the long-run. Andrea Bartz said it all best in this recent Twitter thread -
You have probably heard me stating that preordering a book from an independent bookseller is the most impactful thing you can do if you're going to buy an author's book. Lately some of you wonderful people have asked for more detail, so I thought I'd explain! [THREAD]— Andrea Bartz (@andibartz) November 5, 2019
Where to pre-order (these are just SOME of the MANY options):
Check you local indie bookstore!
Pre-order from a US retailer
Preorder from your nearest independent bookshop (US)
Preorder from Booktopia
Preorder from Book Depository
Please also...
Add Oasis on Goodreads
Questions? Comments? Critiques?
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have! To do so, you can comment on this post, use this blog's Contact, DM me on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook (I have the same handle on all platforms: @KatyadeBecerra).

Comments
Post a Comment