Updates time!
It was an incredible (as well as a nerve-wracking) experience launching Oasis in the US. So many people to thank and to acknowledge - love you all, my readers, booksellers, bloggers, reviewers, fellow authors; and of course my agent (past and present) and my publisher. Here's a little re-cap of my January adventures so far...
What I was up to this year/month so far?
I launched Oasis in Books of Wonder in New York! Sara Faring was my special in-conversation guest star! She had the BEST questions prepared! We chatted and giggled and chatted some more! I think we covered EVERYTHING, from Russian cults to the most obscure Easter eggs in my books (Lady in the Radiator, anyone? ANYONE? Hey, Derek Milman guessed that one, so there's at least ONE person out there who gets my David Lynch references - thank you, Derek! <3)
Here are some photos from my NYC launch (I don't seem to have a lot of photos on my phone! 😠I need to do a better search and locate my photos with my publisher, booksellers at BOW as well as with my fav authors - Derek Milman and Maxine Kaplan - who came to support me on a cold winter's night in New York.)
 |
| Sara Faring and I, probably chatting about Russian cults and how to infiltrate them |
 |
| My wonderful publicist is making sure I don't run away from a stock signing |
After my NYC event I had a day of "rest", so I paid a visit to Barnes and Noble Union Square, where I signed some Oasis preorders placed with Good Choice Reading and also some stock. I enjoyed chatting with the booksellers there and OMG that bookstore is so huge!


Later that day, I ventured out to check out Macmillan's new HQ near the Wall Street, had lunch with my editor and publisher and then saw Hadestown in the Walter Kerr Theatre.
The next morning I had an early flight to LA, where I'd have my second launch of Oasis in Once Upon a Time bookstore. I had wonderful themed cupcakes, lots of delicious food and a great conversation with Adalyn Grace!
 |
| Will you look at these incredible cupcakes! Courtesy of Sprinkles. |
 |
| Catering by Gourmet a Go Go - it was SO GOOD. |
 |
| Behold: a literary kitten who lives in the bookstore and oversees book sales <3 |
 |
| With Adalyn Grace, holding our books! PROUD. |
 |
| With Adalyn Grace and Amy Tipton who was my literary agent at the time my first two books got sold. |
 |
| Tiny person (me) sitting at a tine table, signing stock.... |
 |
| Me with Adalyn! |
What else...
- Oasis pre-order campaign is now officially finished. I have mailed out the final batch of beautiful art prints to everyone who submitted a pre-order receipt to me - the mailings took place about a week ago now, so I hope you'll be receiving yours shortly. The top prize winner has also now been determined and notified. I'm sorry if you didn't win the top prize - but please rest assured you have my eternal gratitude and positive energy for pre-ordering/purchasing, reviewing, and hyping Oasis on the social media and in real life.
- In support of Victoria's fire-fighters (see #AuthorsForFireys on Twitter), I've auctioned signed books and swag as well as manuscript critique. I'm now in the midst of reading the first of the manuscripts and can't wait to provide the author with my feedback.
- Oasis is in the BOTM (Book of the Month - YA) subscription box this month! YAY. That means, a special edition, which I can't wait to receive.
- Oasis is in the Unplugged Book Box's January box! Also YAY. So grateful to the wonderful Unplugged folks for picking both my books for their awesome subscription box that focuses on self-care.
What's next?
I'm about to announce my 2020 events in Australia! So far, I've got launches for Oasis scheduled in Melbourne and Canberra in March plus I'm working on finalizing a Sydney launch event shortly. Please stay tuned.
I'll be appearing alongside other YA authors in 2020 YA Day! I'm very excited and hope you've got your tickets already and if not - what are you waiting for? (
TICKETS)
I'm also going to be appearing as part of 2020 WordOnCon - please stay tuned for info on my showcase/masterclass "Working with Editorial Agent" happening next month as well as a vlog I'm preparing for them.
I have a friend of mine (and a talented graphic designer, blogger, reviewer, etc. - she's multi-talented, ok?) working on my website at the moment and I can't wait to reveal it soon. I haven't had a proper, official website before and I'm very excited to at long last have one.
Also... new headshot photos are coming shortly. It's been a while since my last headshots (2016?), and I'm waaaay overdue for new ones. Can't wait to have this done. (I don't like having my picture taken, by the way, so I'm a bit anxious about the experience. Send calming vibes my way.)
And that's it for now! If you bought a copy of Oasis - thank you! If you reviewed it or just mentioned it to a friend - thank you! Remember - it's NEVER a bad time to tag an author in a photo of their book you've got on your shelves or just saw in a bookstore. Just saying.
Comments
Post a Comment