OASIS date change, YALLWEST, Barnes & Noble event & more!
So many things to tell you about, so many book news to share!
I'm back from a very eventful trip and now preparing for yet another trip that also promises to be eventful.
Last month, I had a much needed holiday before I headed to the US for a bunch of events, including YALLWEST and my very first ever solo North American book signing event at Barnes & Noble.
Whatever you do, I truly hope you'll check out Oasis and love it. If my debut, What The Woods Keep, was the book of my weird brain, Oasis is the book of my heart. I'll be telling you more about it as we get closer and closer to the publication date, but for now, please check out this stunner of a full cover spread that's going to grace the advanced reader copies of Oasis (soon to be available from NetGalley & Edelweiss, so keep an eye out and/or add it to your digital shelves now not to miss out!)
Now... What I've been up to! Yes, yes, yes, I went to my first ever YALLWEST! I got massive sunburns, got dangerously dehydrated and had so much fun just being there and meeting some of my fave book people - for the first time face-to-face! YAY. Among the absolute highlights for me was catching up with my fabulous publisher Erin Stein, and meeting IRL such gems as Sara Faring, Adalyn Grace, Tiffany Pham, Katy Loutzenhiser, and spending some quality time with my fellow Aussie and dear friend, Astrid Scholte! Not pictured here but also met with: Erin A. Craig and Lyndall Clipstone! (And I'm probably forgetting someone!)
I've also had a lovely IRL catch-up with Katherine, a book person, photographer, reviewer and an amazing person I'm proud to call my friend:
Not at YALLWEST but I did meet some of my fav people and mega talented author, Dana L. Davis!!! Dana's debut (Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now) blew my socks off and I'm now anticipating with trepidation her sophomore novel, The Voice in my Head, and her just-announced third book, Roman and Jewel! Please, please, please check out Dana's books!
So happy to have met irl @DanaLDavis today!!!! Ahhhhhh!!! 😍😍😍 pic.twitter.com/VC0QNgE87W
Anther thing that happened to me during my travels was that I had my very first one, my own B&N event!! I was SUPER nervous about this but so glad I did do this! Many thanks to my publisher/publicist for making this happen and to the wonderful staff at Barnes & Noble Bakersfield for hosting me, for promoting the event tirelessly and for letting me keep the poster :)
I've also done some more interviews in the past few months and didn't have time to post about those here due to all the travel I've been doing. Specifically, here's the wonderful interview I've done for the Brooklyn.the.bookworm blog and here's another one I've done for Kait at Elysian Review
This wonderful review of What The Woods Keep by Sarena made me cry (happy tears)!
And having done such awesome events as Supanova, GeekCon and Dark Imaginings I feel like such a lucky author. I love doing what I do and I love meeting readers and fellow authors/writers.
There's lots of photos to share from these events and I might have to do another post to cover those, so for now I'll leave with this: my next author event is coming up in June! Come see me on 25 June at YA Masterclass as part of Melbourne's Emerging Writers' Festival! You can find out more and get your tickets here.
I'm back from a very eventful trip and now preparing for yet another trip that also promises to be eventful.
Last month, I had a much needed holiday before I headed to the US for a bunch of events, including YALLWEST and my very first ever solo North American book signing event at Barnes & Noble.
But before I tell you all about the massive excitement that was YAllWEST and my solo book signing, I have to share this news about my second book - OASIS.
OASIS has a new (US) publication date!
Please take note that OASIS is now scheduled to release on January 7, 2020 and you can pre-order your hardback copy now in all good stores and retailers.
My wonderful US publisher, Imprint/Macmillan, has these pre-order/buy links conveniently listed all in one place: get OASIS
And you can also check your local indie bookstore and ask them to buy it for you, add this book on Goodreads, wish for it/add to list on Amazon, and request your local library to buy it for their collection.
Whatever you do, I truly hope you'll check out Oasis and love it. If my debut, What The Woods Keep, was the book of my weird brain, Oasis is the book of my heart. I'll be telling you more about it as we get closer and closer to the publication date, but for now, please check out this stunner of a full cover spread that's going to grace the advanced reader copies of Oasis (soon to be available from NetGalley & Edelweiss, so keep an eye out and/or add it to your digital shelves now not to miss out!)
BEHOLD! The full cover spread for (US) advanced copies of OASIS!!!!!!!!— Katya de Becerra (@KatyaDeBecerra) April 2, 2019
ISN'T IT PRETTY???#OasisNovel #Oasis #OasisIsComing pic.twitter.com/SCeckTBdCT
Now... What I've been up to! Yes, yes, yes, I went to my first ever YALLWEST! I got massive sunburns, got dangerously dehydrated and had so much fun just being there and meeting some of my fave book people - for the first time face-to-face! YAY. Among the absolute highlights for me was catching up with my fabulous publisher Erin Stein, and meeting IRL such gems as Sara Faring, Adalyn Grace, Tiffany Pham, Katy Loutzenhiser, and spending some quality time with my fellow Aussie and dear friend, Astrid Scholte! Not pictured here but also met with: Erin A. Craig and Lyndall Clipstone! (And I'm probably forgetting someone!)
I had the best morning at #YALLWEST 😱 This shy introvert is now totally overwhelmed but so happy! Got to meet/see my fabulous publisher Erin Stein of @ImprintReads and wonderful authors @sarafaring @AstridScholte @katyloutz @AdalynGrace_ @tifftpham 💜 pic.twitter.com/CaAAOoyXsp— Katya de Becerra (@KatyaDeBecerra) May 4, 2019
I've also had a lovely IRL catch-up with Katherine, a book person, photographer, reviewer and an amazing person I'm proud to call my friend:
Not at YALLWEST but I did meet some of my fav people and mega talented author, Dana L. Davis!!! Dana's debut (Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now) blew my socks off and I'm now anticipating with trepidation her sophomore novel, The Voice in my Head, and her just-announced third book, Roman and Jewel! Please, please, please check out Dana's books!
So happy to have met irl @DanaLDavis today!!!! Ahhhhhh!!! 😍😍😍 pic.twitter.com/VC0QNgE87W
— Katya de Becerra (@KatyaDeBecerra) April 29, 2019
Anther thing that happened to me during my travels was that I had my very first one, my own B&N event!! I was SUPER nervous about this but so glad I did do this! Many thanks to my publisher/publicist for making this happen and to the wonderful staff at Barnes & Noble Bakersfield for hosting me, for promoting the event tirelessly and for letting me keep the poster :)
First ever North American book signing accomplished!!!!— Katya de Becerra (@KatyaDeBecerra) April 29, 2019
Thanks to @BNBakersfield for hosting me!#whatthewoodskeep #booksigning #Bakersfield #kerncounty #debutauthor #YALit pic.twitter.com/dgXlSWAuKo
I've also done some more interviews in the past few months and didn't have time to post about those here due to all the travel I've been doing. Specifically, here's the wonderful interview I've done for the Brooklyn.the.bookworm blog and here's another one I've done for Kait at Elysian Review
This wonderful review of What The Woods Keep by Sarena made me cry (happy tears)!
And having done such awesome events as Supanova, GeekCon and Dark Imaginings I feel like such a lucky author. I love doing what I do and I love meeting readers and fellow authors/writers.
There's lots of photos to share from these events and I might have to do another post to cover those, so for now I'll leave with this: my next author event is coming up in June! Come see me on 25 June at YA Masterclass as part of Melbourne's Emerging Writers' Festival! You can find out more and get your tickets here.
Comments
Post a Comment